comments made by OFSTED inspectors during recent inspections
Please click on the links below to view our most recent OFSTED reports:
La Maternelle Wistaston
La Maternelle Pear Tree
La Maternelle Stapeley
comments made recently by parents in our nursery & out of school care clubs
Please find below the recent outcomes of our annual questionnaire (2013/2014). Thank you for taking the time to complete the questionnaire.
Please see details of the coments made below & any areas for further development.
1. Are you happy with the environment in which your child is cared for-
• I like the layout and the informal room, which makes it great for children to play in; the outside area always has new and exciting things laid out.
• The rooms are good sizes, the outdoor space is excellent and the fact that the children are taken out and about is very good.
2. Are you happy with the staff at La Maternelle?
75 % Outstanding
• All the team are caring and understanding with every child and their parents
• Everybody is so polite, friendly and welcoming
• All staff are excellent, especially Jenny who has been brilliant with X.
• All the staff are lovely and very approachable. X seems to really like Jodie, Sian and Jane in the rainbow room and Debbie and Jenny in the star room.
• I like how all staff members speak to us all when we enter or leave the nursery.
• The staff are all very friendly and X seems to be comfortable and settled in her environment at nursery, I am extremely happy with this.
3. Are you happy with the quality of snacks and meals provided
• X eats well and she always enjoys her meals.
• Seems to be a good healthy balance.
4. Are you happy with the communication you receive about La Maternelle and your child both written and verbally.
• Very happy
• Information to parents about events is very good.
• The written report was really good and was nice to show others such as grandparents what they have been learning and taking part in at nursery
5. Are you happy with the care and learning ethos at La Maternelle?
• I like the way the learning very much mirrors school, i.e. group learning, and smaller group learning and individual time.
• Excellent, always varied and interesting.
• The care that X receives is excellent and she really enjoys spending lots of time outside.
Is there anything about the care provided by La Maternelle that you particularly like-
• I never see any member of staff just standing by while the children play or eat - each member of staff seems to be down at child-level fully interacting with the children which I really think helps with their development.
• If X could express himself in words I am sure he would tell us just how much he loved his time with you and how happy he is, as he cant speak but his development progress speaks volumes as does the huge smile on his face when i drop him off & pick him up. No words could ever express our thanks to you all for all the hard work, commitment & care you haave put into the time Josh has been with you. Personally I will miss the staff & the lovely chats we have.
• Trying however possible to retain good staff and providing the children with the security of being able to see the same staff day in and day out.
• I like the fact the care is child focused.
• X is really settling well now and enjoying both the Rainbow and Star rooms. This is I believe is down to Jodie who has worked with X to make her enjoy the Rainbow room as much as she did the Star room.
• Thank you also to the staff for allowing my daughter to access my son on his settling in sessions as I believe this will help them both during this transition.
• Becky and the other members of staff in the Sunshine room have done a great job of reassuring me and looking after x on his settling in sessions.
• Really imaginative with organising themes for the children e.g. teddy bears picnic tomorrow which X is very excited about
• The close links with church lane school. I have also liked the additional activities, like the parties and fancy dress days etc. the parents evening have been very useful to us.
• I like the amount of time outdoors that the children are encouraged to complete. I also like the combination of free time and structured time to encourage learning.
• I like that all the team know your child’s name not just their key worker
• I like the staff who care and support my children well. I also like how well information is frequently communicated to parents.
• The room is not overcrowded therefore children have more one on one time and experience and play with different things
• The staff are all helpful, approachable and friendly.
• We like how you have structured play and different days i.e. messy play and time outside.
• The info sheet at the end of the day detailing food, naps and nappies is very good and informative.
• Plenty of outdoor play in all weathers.
• It is nice how there is always a staff member that X knows when she arrives at nursery. This is nice for us to know that we have left her and she is happy.
• X key worker is brilliant and Kelly along with the other staff have really enabled X to settle easily into nursery. He loves coming.
• Emphasis on outdoor play for both age groups and introduction of different stimulating activities on a regular basis.
• Yes, I like the “home from home” environment, i.e. lots of interaction, cuddles and generally playing with the children - this was not a feeling that I got at a lot of the nurseries that I visited other nurseries for X.
• You all do an amazing job, thank you
Areas for further investigation based on parent comments - these will be incorporated into our annual setting development plan.
• My daughter loves being very creative. Is there any possibility that the children could do more arts and crafts things which could then be brought home?
• Maybe an occasional organised trip would add a little variety
• We sometimes feel x misses out on various theme days that are run at the nursery as they tend to be on Mondays/Fridays, whilst this is purely circumstantial due to her only attending on a Wednesday, it would be nice if there were some mid-week days.
• I do feel that the e-mail communication is very valuable - although sometimes being informed of some things going on is a little too close to the date, to be able to organise time to be able to be more involved. A regular paper copy of a newsletter or sheet of forthcoming events would be very useful.
• To continue to arrange the story & rhyme times.
Previous comments from parents
“Everything about the nursery is fantastic. the effort everybody made to help my son was wonderful & kind. I would not consider sending my other son anywhere else.”
“Tom enjoys his two days a week at La Maternelle. He particualy enjoys playing outside which Is something as a parent is very nice to know. He also talks about each member of staff in the room and in particular his keyworker who he is very fond of. I would have no hestitation in recomdening La Maternelle to any other parents who want their child to grow up in a warm caring safe and stimulating environment”
“Everybody is so friendly & nice. It feels like you are leaving your child with people you know, not just people paid to look after your children.”
“An excellent nursery where children love to come, yet very often dont want to leave!!”
“La Maternelle is like Manchester United - Simply the best!”
“Jake absolutely loves La Maternelle, he enjoys the play and all the activities that the club provides in a fun and structured manner. I’d be lost without the services the club provides - many thanks and well done!”
“Ryan really enjoys the breakfast and after school club, to the point where he doesn’t want to leave! The club is very well organised and managed. A lot of effort is put into engaging the children with fun activities and learning experiences. The club management inspire trust and look to improve the way the club functions. It’s a relief to know that Ryan’s in the school environment also.”
“La Maternelle is a lifesaver! They promote first class fun and care for my son Harry. Harry looks forward to the days where he comes to breakfast and after school club. I would highly recomend La Maternelle.”
“My son loves coming to both breakfast and after school club. We are really pleased with how happy and safe he feels here. Thank you.”
“I have no problem in recomending La Maternelle. The children enjoy it immensely and never want to come home at the end of the session!”
“Very happy with after school and holiday club, my children really enjoy it - good range of activities”
“Kids love spending time here and always complain when it’s time to go home!”
“Nick loves it! Especially good to have the male employees - lots of football!”
“Brilliant - staff fantastic and enthusiastic. The kids love it - it is their social community that so many kids don’t get due to this day and age.”
“Claire loves coming to the club - it is difficult to get her to come home.”
“Jonny has a social life and an extended family here. He learns new skills and good values - respect of others, team spirit and helpfulness. I don’t know where I’d be without you - thank you!”
“Jack would come to the club every day if he could, he really enjoys the selection of activities and the new friends he makes”
“The boys love the club and never want to leave. They love all the sporty activities. I think that they are well looked after and I have always felt confident in leaving them here.”
“My peace of mind has been how Sian responds to being at club. She is pleased and looks forward to coming. Upon entering the hall, all the children in care are happy and engaged in one of the many exciting activities. All staff are very involved with assisting the children.”
“Amy loves the club to the point that we have to drag her away each evening! The variety of activities is excellent. The staff are warm and friendly and adhere to children’s needs.
“Daniel loves club, not just because he gets to go on the Nintendo but because it’s like one big happy family. I have trouble dragging him away.” (and Tom his little brother!)
comments made by headteachers of local primary schools
“La Maternelle and Wistaston Church Lane Primary School enjoy a close, purposeful relationship which helps the children receive the very best start to their education. Pupils entering our reception classes thrive following on from the experiences and opportunities they have enjoyed at La Maternelle. The nursery provides the children with a first class start to Foundation Stage which helps their learning truly accelerate in mainstream school.”
Mr G Prince (Headteacher of Wistaston Church Lane Primary)
“La Maternelle have provided the before and afterschool care at our school for six years now. The standards of care are always very high and the quality of the provision for the children is outstanding. We work together seamlessly so that there is always a very smooth transition from club to school and vice versa.
Staff demonstrate the highest professional attitudes to the children and they are skilled in their work. The children enjoy the range of activities on offer both before and after school and during the holiday club. The staff are creative and sensitive to every child’s needs and preferences. There is a family atmosphere in the club and the children feel safe and secure.
We aim to have the best of everything here at Pear Tree and La Maternelle provide the best after school care.”
Mrs M Hennessey Jones (Headteacher of Pear Tree Primary)
‘La Maternelle play a key role within our Church school ethos of providing a secure and loving family environment for our children.’
Mrs C Casserley (Headteacher of Wybunbury Delves Primary)
“The club offers a wide range of activities, so there is something to suit everyone. The children always seem to be enjoying themselves. Staff are very approachable and demonstrate a high level of interaction and care.”
Mrs M Andrews (Former Headteacher of Stapeley Broad Lane Primary)
- Register here
- Login to your account
- Edit profile
- Cancel my sessions
- Change my sessions
- Pay My Enrolment fee
- Set up Direct Debit
La Maternelle Sandbach is now open!
Outstanding OFSTED report for our Out of School Care Club at Stapeley Broad Lane school.
Unfortunately our holiday club closed on Thursday 13th April
Outstanding OFSTED Report for our Nursery, Pre School and Out of School Care Club at Wistaston.
A parents guide to the Early Years Foundation Stage
Nursery & Pre School Calendar 2016-2017
Themed weeks poster for our Out of School Care Clubs
Outcomes of recent Nursery questionnaire.
Outcomes of recent La Maternelle Sandbach Day Nursery parent questionnaires.